What is the Best Way to Cook Asparagus?
There are some techniques that you can do at home on how to prevent the asparagus from
Overcook, to keep the bright green color, and tender and crisp.
So without further delay, let’s dive in and have a look at how it’s done.
Asparagus- 1 Serving
Dark Soya Sause- 2 Table Spoon
Light Soya Sause- 2 Table Spoon
White Pepper- A pinch
Garlic- 5 Chopped
Salt- As per your taste
- Let’s start with preparing the asparagus. Cut off about 3 cm from the bottom of each spear, peel off the stringy exterior of the asparagus, until you get into the tender interior.
- Heat some water until it boils. Put the asparagus into it, Blanch it for about 1 minute.
- When the center of the asparagus changes to translucent, remove it. That is when it’s cooked.
- Put it into a pot of cold water to stop cooking and settle down. That will preserve the color and the crispiness.
- Next, let’s prepare the sauce for the asparagus. Take dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, some sugar, a bit of salt, a dash of white pepper and dilute with some water.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic and then coarsely chop them.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Saute the garlic over low heat until it turns aromatic. Once it turns aromatic, turn up the heat, and it’s time to add the Asparagus. Saute it over high heat for about one minute.
- Now add the sauce that we have made earlier on, combined with the asparagus, and turn down the heat,
- Add a bit of sesame oil and then thicken the sauce with some cornstarch slurry. let the sauce become thick and consistent.
- Now you can garnish Asparagus with the remaining Soya sauce you left earlier and Serve..!